Cockroaches

A friend and I have been talking about cockroaches lately (I know, what a peculiar topic) and because of my randomness, I want to talk about them today. Am gonna write about my mortal enemy that makes me want to end my life just by the sight of them.
I can't remember whom but someone told me that at the beginning of time, cockroaches are clean, just like our favorite pets, not like what they are now - not until the human race, us, crowded the planet Earth and destroyed the forests to build subdivisions, skyscrapers and yeah, our beloved SM's. So basically, it's us that made cockroaches dirty -the ironies of life.
Writing about this made me remember a very scary and funny encounter with cockroaches. I was up late that night, I was about to sleep when a cockroach came to visit me in my room. I tried to kill it with my bedroom slippers, it immobilized it for a almost a minute then it started moving again. The little creature wasn't afraid of me! Very very creepy. I was scrambling for Baygon then, but unfortunately, we ran out of Baygon and because I was so desperate to kill the creature, I poured alcohol over the thing expecting to kill all the germs in it and I was hoping it will die together with germs.

Obviosuly, It didn't die - not until my younger sister killed it with her slippers. :D

♥princessngaako

12 comments:

mizuki said...

one of my greatest fears!!! Just this month while I was on my bed with my laptop something came from the back flew over me coz there was a shadow I thought it was a butterfly or something when I searched for it I saw a friggin cockroach on the wall my heart jumped and it fuckin flew towards me!!! I got off my bed but instead of running with my feet, I was kneeling down! My cousin laughed at me but I was so friggin scared as hell! Didn't even got the chance to kill it, my mom was kinda mad coz she was watching koreanovela on her laptop and I was telling her to kill it. LOL also few nights ago I sensed a cockroach on the curtains then I called my mom to kill it but then it disappeard. Very weird! I swear I saw it. I'm really wondering where it went coz we searched over every curtain and even under the bed. Nothing. Sigh. I kinda hoped that they never exist!! Coz they friggin scare me!!!

princessngaako said...

^I know! Cockroaches are hybrid nowadays! They weren't scared of humans anymore!
Very very scary.

Jerome Peter T. Tarriela said...

I could not even smack it by slippers... I dunno but it was really creepy...

princessngaako said...

good for you!
the cockroaches here at home are hybrid!

Anonymous said...

O, JP, 'ligaw ka yata dito? We crossed each other's path here! LOL!
Guys, guys, why are freakin' out with this cute "hybrid creepy" thingy! It's nothing but a poor creature tryin' to share space with us. Now, if you don't like 'em, then for cryin' out loud...KILL THEMmm!!! No need for Bygon, just squash them to oblivion!!!

princessngaako said...

I can't kill them just by squashing them! i really hate using Baygon (I have an intimate relationship with the environment, LOL) but I erally can't kill them just by using my slippers. :(

Anonymous said...

BTW, got to share this with you: here in Canada, we're so super clean that we rarely see roaches here (NOT implying that it's otherwise there). Anyways, when "white people" see tinny winny roaches here, they freak out (just like you guys!) So, I tell them to relax, that's nothin'...wait 'till you see the roaches in the Philipines...it's as big as mice! LOL! Now they're scared to go to the Philippines~~~

princessngaako said...

that's very funny. hahaha.
I noticed that when my room is kinda messy, the cockroaches visit me more often! haha

The Lord said...

Hey, it didn't die? Pouring alcohol is an epic roach killer. Also, you need to set the cockroach on fire. Works all the time for me.

princessngaako said...

I don't want to burn our house so I can't set the thing on fire. hahaha.

iM A WiTCH said...

oh my effin gee

cockroaches. oh! they make me wanna die too. hoo, good to know that you have this "courage" to eagerly kill them. unlike me. kill cockroaches?
-------
flat line. :))))

haha.

princessngaako said...

i hate killing cockroaches, kasi baka gumanti sila that's why I always make sure I really killed them... i know i'm pathetic. XD