The Legend

I don't know what got into me but I just felt like I have to blog today. I have to blog something informative so here I am again, looking for Manny Pacquiao's picture.



I didn't like Manny, I like it when he wins though. He makes me proud.
I don't like his mother too, I thought she was so cheap and a socialite wannabe.

Not until I read this month's issue of Time magazine. Our teacher in our Developmental Writing class wants us to analyze the story and somehow get to know better one of the most interesting Filipinos of our generation.

I was reading the first paragraph when I predicted that there's more in store for me. The story was very well written, by the way, the title of the article is "The Meaning of Manny" and their were questions like, 'is there more for him in politics'. The quotations are so nice, Freddie Roach was also mentioned, Chavit Singson, Manny's sister and of course the ever famous Mommy D.

After reading the article, my perspective about Manny changed.
Manny is the face of all the OFW workers out there.
Manny is the face of all the Filipinos who worked hard to feed their family.
Manny is the mirror of the simple Filipinos who had dreams and wanted to follow it.


I hope we'd all like be Manny... be successful.

♥precious grace

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

Very nice and I hope you get this message out.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Cher said...

realizations :) coolie..

Anonymous said...

something happened to my previous comments?

princessngaako said...

^you have previous comments? haven't seen it. (:

Anonymous said...

You know what, I used my iphone to post that comment. I suspect that post didn't go thru. Anyways, I suggested that Manny should hire a tutor to help him out with his conversational English. With his international popularity, frequent interviews puts pressure in him to improve his verbal English. Just a thought, no offense.

princessngaako said...

He should! I think he should study at Silliman. LOL.
Another thing, I hope he doesn't run for Congress!

Anonymous said...

Pacman really makes every Filipino proud.

Unknown said...

manny pacquiao! pinoy pride!! yeahh!!

my american, spanish co-workers back here even know him :)