The Truth

So I was thinking what to write when I saw a very disturbing picture that I want to share with everyone because I want the world to hear my little voice. I hope you don't mind seeing this picture, but then again, we have to face reality to be able to conquer it, please spread the word about this issue.



NEGLECTED AND NOW DEAD. Neljun Bustamante was a burn victim and a mental case. Doctors say 34 percent of his body was burned when he was electrocuted at the Ceneco substation in Bacolod City. He was not immediately attended to by staff at the WVRH. This photo shows Bustamante at the hallway of the Radiology Department Building where he was practically unattended. Bustamante eventually climbed over the fence of the WVRH and waded through a dirty creek. A WVRH doctor said he died yesterday of renal failure and sepsis. Amid allegations that service is poor at the WVRH, the case of Bustamante again raises questions over the quality of health services in the Philippines. Could he have lived if he was immediately attended to? Photo by Julius D. Mariveles

I hope that this would raise awareness among us and also catch the attention of our government that only God-knows-what they're doing with our taxes.


On the other hand, I would like to thank everyone for supporting me in my last post. It means so much to me guys. When I'm sad all I'd do is think about what you all said, people that I haven't even met are supporting me and that's all I need to keep going. And lastly, I'd like to share what Iya V. said in her tweet that made me her fan,
sometimes we forget its the Lord we're serving. Remembering this makes it easier to work from the heart, and you do good effortlessly.


GOD BLESS EVERYONE! Keep on praying for our country.

♥precious grace

8 comments:

Rob Jeremiah said...

Oh, I feel sorry for him. :( This should definitely serve as a wake-up call not only for medical institutions but for everyone else.

You're welcome. I'm glad you feel OK now. :)

BTW, it means that you're i the 2% population. Haha. Are you thinking of Denmark, Koala and apple? :P

MrBrightside said...

Sad truth,Reality bites.

This is common in public hospitals, I myself had seen lots of patients dying because of lack of medical service. And whats more surprising is many patients die because of indifference of the hospital staffs.

God Bless us.

krykie said...

yea. he's right this is common in public hospital. T_T

pag walang pera pang gamot hindi pinapansin or kung may atensyon man hindi ganung ka approachable sila.

i had seen many cases like this during my duty days.

HAPPI said...

Oh, my god :( this is totally heart-breaking!!! :((

Aizel Macaldo said...

this is very sad... =( May God bless his soul...

Anonymous said...

This is a very disheartening incidence and, sad to say, a common occurrence in our country. I think medical care in the Philippines still sucks as it used to be since I left 2 decades ago. I've seen worse before when I was in training. Since then, I learned to numb my feelings. What can you do?

Anonymous said...

My wish is, someday, Philippines will have universal health care system, NOT a 2-tiered system just like now (one for the poor and one for the affluent).

Dhemz said...

oh my...I feel very sorry for him too...:(

thanks dear for leaving a comment on my post regarding about my daughter....however the contest was suspended...nakakahiya yung admin nila...my first intuition of pulling out Akesha was right....

salamat ulit sa dalaw...glad to be here!